Star Wars: Exiles
Astrogation (p71) Intellect
- Program a navicomputer for a hyperspace jump.
- Basic knowledge of galactic geography.
- Use navicomputer to identify location.
- Familiarity with hyperspace routes and the types of craft and commerce most common along a route.
Athletics (p71) Brawn
- Climb – including rappel or swing on a line – difficulty determined by surface and weather conditions.
- Swim – difficulty determined by water conditions (waves, currents and tides).
- Jump horizontally or vertically – difficulty determined by gravitational conditions and distance required.
- Push movement to a longer speed or run for an extended time.
Charm (p72) Presence; Opposed by Cool
- Persuade an individual to make a special exception to usual practices through flattery, flirting and grace.
- Appeal to an individual’s better nature, requiring them to go out of their way to aid the characters without any hope of remuneration.
- Sincere seduction attempts (use Deceit when interest is feigned).
Coerce (p72) Willpower; Opposed by Discipline
- Issue a threat, whether accompanied by hostile actions or implied, such as gesturing or pointing towards a weapon.
- Question or persuade a target under conditions of physical captivity.
- Acts of torture.
Computers (p73) Intellect
- Open a locked door, control an elevator or bypass a security system.
- Search through records, particularly if encrypted.
- Investigate what actions a slicer might have taken against a computer system.
- Alter a droid’s programming or gain access to its memories.
- Recover data from a system that has suffered physical damage.
Cool (p74) Presence
- Resist efforts to hide the truth among overt niceties.
- Check for initiative when carefully and calmly prepared.
- Check for initiative in a social situation/discussion where timing matters.
Coordination (p74) Agility
- Reduce damage when falling (see p140).
- Walk across a narrow surface, whether a wide beam or a thin pipe.
- Escape from restraints.
- Crawl through the twists and turns of a sewage pipe, ventilation duct or garbage chute.
Deceit (p75) Cunning; Opposed by Discipline
- Mislead a buyer or seller about the value of an object.
- Distract an opponent through guile.
- Lay a false trail when pursued.
Discipline (p75) Willpower
- Act normally while pinned down by heavy fire.
- Engage, rather than flee before, a creature with inherently horrifying aspects.
- Resist a tempting deal that seems far too good to be true.
Leadership (p76) Presence; Opposed by Discipline
- Rally allies subject to the effects of fear (see p189).
- Sway a crowd in a public venue to take action, most often of a political nature.
- Reassert the loyalty of underlings that have fallen before the guile of an opponent.
Mechanics (p76) Intellect
- Repair physical damage to a device, provided necessary tools and replacement components are available.
- Repair starship or vehicle (see p155).
- Identify the parts and tools necessary for a repair job, along with approximate cost.
- Construct a completely new device from discrete components and damaged devices.
- Make a healing check on a droid (see Medicine, p177).
Medicine (p77) Intellect
- Apply routine first aid, including medpacs.
- Treat or inflict a poison, pharmaceutical or recreational drug.
- Identify symptoms and treatment for infectious diseases and parasites.
- More serious treatment – including surgery, cybernetic augmentation and psychotherapy, provided necessary pharmaceuticals and medical instruments are available.
Negotiate (p77) Presence; Opposed by Cool
- Adjust the purchase price when buying goods or services.
- Adjust the selling price when selling goods or services.
- Participate in skill-based gambling (use Deceit when cheating).
Perception (p78) Cunning; Opposed by skill used for concealment
- Detect a trap or ambush, prior to falling prey to the assault.
- Detect a disguised individual, when not actively looking.
- Notice a subtle clue – overheard conversation, the stink of a Jawa, drug introduced to beverage.
- Accidentally notice subtly hidden objects, such as the latch securing a smuggling compartment.
Pilot (Planetary) (p78) Agility
- Decipher basic controls of completely foreign type of atmospheric craft.
- Determine results of a race upon a world’s surface.
- Maintain a tail or lose a chaser.
- Navigate through a familiar environment, representing knowledge of typical traffic patterns
Pilot (Space) (p79) Agility
- Determine results of a race between the stars.
- Resolve chases, whether through asteroid belts, a crowded battlefield or skirting the edge of a gravimetric instability.
- Jockey for position in a space conflict, to determine which shields face the enemy and which weapons may be brought to bear.
Resilience (p79) Brawn
- Go without sleep for significantly longer than is healthy for species.
- Resist the effects of a toxin.
- Endure prolonged exposure to a hostile environment – including heat, cold or toxic pollution.
- Resist the effects of dehydration and malnutrition.
Skullduggery (p80) Cunning; Opposed by Perception
- Pick a lock or pocket using physical tools rather than programming.
- Escape from a cell (after using Coordination to slip any bonds) and navigate away from security elements.
- Identify the most vulnerable aspects of a security scheme.
Stealth (p80) Agility; Opposed by Perception
- Blend in with a crowd, hiding by acting as though you belong.
- Hide from an opponent’s senses, modified by ambient conditions and applicable gear.
- Hide people or objects from the attentions of others, either through concealment or misdirection.
Streetwise (p81) Cunning
- Locate a merchant who specialises in unsavoury goods or illicit services.
- Pick up subtle cues from the language and attitudes of those who operate outside of legal structures. Understand subtle references within conversations.
- Discover what rumours are actively circulating within a region.
Survival (p82) Cunning
- Identify safe food, potable water or shelter in a natural environment.
- Understand weather patterns. Recognise the signs of imminent dangerous conditions and know the best way to prepare.
- Track a subject through the wilderness – whether game or bounty.
- Handle domesticated animals, so they may be used as beasts of burden or transport.
Vigilance (p82) Willpower
- Check for initiative when unprepared.
- Use ability associated with the Force dependent on Vigilance.
- Determine how prepared you are for unexpected crises. Resolve questions about whether or not a small piece of gear is available.
Core Worlds (p85) Intellect
- Identify a person’s planet of origin without asking, by recognising traits of accent, dress and mannerisms associated with a particular world.
- Know what behaviours are considered necessary and polite, as opposed to ones that could be offensive when interacting with someone from a Core World.
- Identify which markets are the best places to sell or purchase a particular cargo (in the Core Worlds). Recognise any worlds where such goods could be illegal.
Education (p85) Intellect
- Identify the best way to proceed when interacting with a government entity.
- Employ basic scientific knowledge in an analysis.
- Understand any question that doesn’t obviously fall under another knowledge skill.
Lore (p85) Intellect
- Decipher an ancient piece of writing or identify its context.
- Know legends associated with the exploits of an ancient hero.
Outer Rim (p86) Intellect
- Find a planet with a particular resource or service among the systems of the Outer Rim.
- Identify which markets are the best places to sell or purchase a particular cargo (in the Outer Rim). Recognise any worlds where such goods could be illegal.
- Know what behaviours are considered necessary and polite, as opposed to ones that could be offensive when interacting with someone from an Outer Rim world.
Underworld (p86) Intellect
- Know which nearby worlds are the best locations for a particular type of illegal business.
- Determine the most common methods an opponent might use for a particular type of criminal activity.
Xenology (p86) Intellect
- Know what behaviours are considered necessary and polite, as opposed to ones that could be offensive when interacting with a member of an unfamiliar species.
- Identify a particular way to injure or a characteristic vulnerability, to either help or harm a member of another species.
- Know appropriate environmental conditions and foodstuffs for a member of another species.
Brawl (p83) Brawn
- Make a melee attack while unarmed or using a Brawl weapon.
Gunnery (p83) Agility
- Make a ranged attack using a Gunnery weapon.
- Operate complex targeting computers and automated weapons mounts.
Melee (p84) Brawn
- Make a melee attack using a Melee weapon.
Ranged (Heavy) (p84) Agility
- Make a ranged attack using a Ranged (Heavy) weapon.
Ranged (Light) (p84) Agility
- Make a ranged attack using a Ranged (Light) weapon.